Effective business writing is concise, unambiguous, accurate and easily understood. It also conveys a professional image to your internal and external stakeholders.
Our courses are structured to communicate the most relevant information in the shortest possible time. After completion, your staff return to work with valuable new skills that will increase their productivity and enhance your organisation’s professional image.
We customise each course by assessing staff needs BEFORE we finalise the content. Using a short questionnaire and pre-training assignment, we identify skills gaps and design training material that is specific to your company and industry sector.
The content is designed specifically to suit the delegates being trained and the outlines below may be adjusted or combined. Staff may attend one – or several – components, with a maximum of ten people.
Writing / originating a report
- Determine the scope (purpose) of the report.
- Consider the target audience (readers).
- Plan and design the format and structure.
- Gather and organise the supporting information (research).
- Analyse the supporting information and integrate content.
- Determine the solutions, findings and / or recommendations.
- Write an abstract or executive summary.
Formatting and editing documents
- Format the document for optimum information retrieval.
- Optimise MS Word styles and features for visual impact.
- Edit for content, style and accuracy.
- Proofread with expert tips and techniques.
Language, grammar and style
- Learn how to write in a clear, concise and professional style.
- Review the most important aspects of grammar and punctuation.
- Structure sentences and paragraphs correctly.
- Learn correct meanings of words often confused.
- Reduce errors with successful proofreading.
- Practise and improve with relevant exercises.
Coping with e-mail overload
- Adopt ‘best practice’ inbox management systems.
- Organise messages for optimum response and retrieval.
- Utilise MS Outlook features and shortcuts to speed up response times.
- Manage your workflow effectively.
Email content and formatting
- Use precise subject lines to save time.
- Structure and format information for easy retrieval.
- Provide complete answers to readers’ questions.
- Make it clear what email readers should do, by when.
- Follow professional standards of email etiquette and efficiency.
Jenny Tinmouth Regional Manager Coastal (KZN and EC) at UCS Technology Services
“Antoinette presented a wonderfully insightful and practical ‘EFFECTIVE EMAIL’ course to our Durban branch. Each staff member who attended took away something different. The real measure of success was the fact that they all immediately implemented some aspect of what they had learned. This has led to quality communication within the team and externally with clients.”